- Müller, George (1762-1821)Second Divertissement Pour Piano Et Violon D'après L'air: Das Alpenhorn, De H. Proch, Oeuvre 21. G.M. Meyer: Bronsvic, [1841-43]. PN 436. Folio. 17 + 5 pp. Disbound. Foxing throughout, waterstaining in piano part, otherwise good.
Piano part and separate violin part.MUS-06391 $100Inquire
- Niccolai, Valentino (?-c1790)Six Sonatas, For The Piano-Forte Or Harpsichord With An Accompaniment For A Violin Composed And Humbly Dedicated To MissMathew...Op. III. Preston & Son: London, [1789-98]. n.p.nFolio. 57 pp. Disbound. Title page a little soiled, some foxing throughout, last page partially detached with small tear at margin, otherwise very good.
Piano score.MUS-06393 $200Inquire
- Olof, TheoRhythmicon: Rhythmical Studies For Violin. In Dutch, German, French & English. Albersen & Co: The Hague, 1970. Large quarto. 149 pp. Boards. Top edge of spine pulled, otherwise very good.
Formerly the copy of the violin pedagogue Josef Gingold, with his stamp on page 21, the first musical exercise.MTH-08472 $40Inquire
Bedos De Celles, François (1709-1779)L'Art Du Facteur D'Orgues. Par D. Bedos De Celles, Bénédictin. MDCCLXVI. Leonce Laget: Paris, 1976. Facsimile edition of the 1766-'78 original, limited to 600 copies. Folio; c. 11" h x 11.5" w (43.2 cm x 29.2 cm).  + xxxii + 676 pp. Two volumes (4 volumes in 1 + bound volume of plates). 27 b&w plates (many fold-outs). Brown cloth, binding a little loose because of size. Fine condition... read more ›FAC-10627 $1,350Details/Inquire
Paganini, Niccolò (1782-1840)Capricci Per Violino Solo / Composti E Dedicati Agli Artisti. Ricordi: Milan, . PN 403. First Edition, with the price as "Lir 9. Ital.e". Large Quarto. 46 pp. plus titlepage. Contemporary soft covers, with English title. Handsomely boxed in brown silk with marbled paper interior (modern). Internally a bit soiled with occasional foxing, some pages slightly cropped along right margin but not affecting music, pages bent from thumbing. A moderate amount of pencilled fingerings. Title page quite soiled and has original stitching and contemporary reinforcement. Early paper wraps with label, quite soiled and tattered along spine and edges. [Fuld, 455]... read more ›MUS-07374 $10,500Details/Inquire
- Paganini, Niccolò (1782-1840)Maestosa Suonata Sentimentale Per Violino E Orchestra [Variations On Haydn's Austrian National Hymn]. Instituto Italiano: Rome, 1978. Vol. 11 of the collected edition. No. 182 of 1,000. Large folio. 38 pp. of commentary , 27 pp. facsimile, 101pp. transcriptions for vln/orch & vln/piano. Handsome edition on heavy stock with deckled front edge. Silk boards. As new.FAC-07529 $200Inquire
- Paganini, Niccolò (1782-1840)Concerto In Mi Minore Per Violini (opera Postuma). Instituto di Studie Paganiniani: Genoa, 1973. No. 106 of 750 examples. Folio. 28 pp. of facsimile of the solo part plus 195 pp., partitura orchestrated by Federico Mompellio in Italian. Commentary by Edward Neill. Grey linen. As new.FAC-10098 $250Inquire
- Paradossi, G.Modo Facile Di Suonare Il Sistro Nomato Il Timpano. Bollettino Bibliografico Musicale: Milan, 1933. Small Octavo. 16 unopened pages. As new.FAC-01852 $25Inquire
- PartheniaParthenia In-Violata Or Mayden-Musicke For The Virginalls And Bass Viol. New York Public Library: New York, 1961. Oblong octavo. 44 pp. of facsimile + 43 pp. of notes by Thurston Dart, Richard J. Wolfe and Sydney Beck. Buckram boards. As new.
21 pieces by Byrd, Gibbons and Bull.FAC-07547 $60Inquire
- PartheniaParthenia, Or The First Musick Ever Printed For The Virginals Composed By Three Famous Masters, William Byrd, Dr. John Bull, And Orlando Gibbons A.D. 1611. Edward F. Rimbault. Reeves: London, 1947. Folio. Reproduction of original title page and introduction, 3-page commentary by Rimbault, 50 pp of music + 1 page facsimile. Paper boards with navy buckram spine. Overall very good except for upper and lower bumping to spine and cover somewhat soiled.MUS-10799 $185Inquire
- Pergolesi, GiovanniThe Brother In Love, Lo Frate 'Nnammorato (Il Fratello Innomorato). Piano Vocal Score. Revised And Elaborated Edition By Ennio Gerelli. Edizioni Suvini Zerboni: Milan, 1961. Large quarto. 511 pp. Beige linen boards with original paper covers. Spine tips bumped (a little ripped on top one), covers soiled, interior excellent.
A facsimile of a recent copyist manuscript in the Biblioteca di Musica S. Pietro a Majella di Napoli.FAC-10844 $125Inquire
- Philidor, François-André (1726-1795)VI Suittes A II. Flûtes Traversieres Seules. Aves VI. Autres Suittes. Edizioni Scelte: Florence, 1980. Facsimile of the first printed edition. Oblong octavo. 56 facsimile pp. Paper covers. As new.FAC-01046 $25Inquire
Richardson, NathanThe Modern School For The Piano-forte...comprising A Complete Course Of Instruction, Based Upon A New Principle...with Anatomical Illustrations Of The Hands, Showing The Use Of Their Muscles And Tendons In Playing The Piano. Self-published: Boston, n.d. [c. 1853]. Third edition. Quarto. 240 pp. 5 colored anatomical illustrations. Brown buckram with design in relief and gilt title, gilt lettering on spine and all edges. Internally fine, binding fair with spine ends bumped and top part of label chipped and reglued... read more ›MTH-14291 $100Details/Inquire
Piatti, Alfredo (1822-1901)Autograph Sketchbook, signed "Alfredo Piatti" on the titlepages of two works. Oblong octavo. 118 of 158 numbered pp. Contemporary marbled boards, spine worn, loose in binding, some leaves removed, one leaf with a section torn off the top. In a custom-made brown marbled modern box with black cloth spine (box cover rubbed in two places)... read more ›MAN-05810 $12,500Details/Inquire
- Piccinni, Nicola (1728-1800)Sinfonia Del Gionata Per Cembalo, O Piano-forte, Con Violino Obbligato. Luigi Marescalchi: Naples, [c. 1750]. PN 285. Oblong folio. 5 + 2 pp. 19th-century paper cover. Browning and some staining throughout, violin leaf closely trimmed on one side but with no loss of musical text, otherwise good.
Piano part and separate violin part. Formerly bound with a piano arrangement of another piece now excised. Signed in ink on cover and first page of both parts by a former owner.MUS-06397 $250Inquire
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)String Quartets, B301-6, B307-12 & B313-18, "Six Quartetts For Two Violins, A Tenor And Violoncello, Opera 1 [2, 3]". Clementi: London, [c. 1801-6]. "Pleyel's Quartett's Op: 1 [...Op. 2/n.p.n.]Folio. Opp. 1 and 2 continuously paginated, 45 + 39 + 37 + 33 pp.; Op. 3, 31 + 26 + 19 + 20 pp. Disbound. Marginal waterstains on violin and viola parts in first set of quartets, otherwise very good.
Three complete sets of four parts with six quartets in each opus (18 total), published together. Benton 3010, 3087 & 3124.MUS-06214 $700Inquire
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)String Quartets, B301-12, "Six Quartetts For Two Violins, A Tenor And Violoncello, Opera I [& II]". Longman & Broderip: London, . 467/n.p.nFolio. 19/27 + 16/23 + 14/23 + 15/21 pp. Disbound. Viola part has closely trimmed right-hand margin but not affecting the musical text, otherwise very good.
Two complete sets of four parts for the six quartets in each opus (12 total). Benton 3018 & 3094. Longman & Broderip catalog in Op. II first violin part.MUS-06215 $500Inquire
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)String Quartets, B319-24, "Six Quartetts For Two Violins, A Tenor And Violoncello, Opera 6". Longman & Broderip: London, [c. 1790]. n.p.nFolio. 21 + 18 + 18 + 16 pp. Disbound. Fine.
Complete set of four parts. Benton 3154. Longman & Broderip catalog in first violin part.MUS-06221 $300Inquire
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)String Quartet, B331, "No.  Of Three Quartetts Dedicated To His Majesty The King Of Prussia". Longman & Broderip: London, . n.p.nFolio. 13 + 11 + 11 + 11 pp. Violin part without cover, other parts in paper wrappers. Violin title page sunned, some foxing in all parts, otherwise very good.
Complete set of four parts. Benton 3272. Longman & Broderip catalog in first violin part.MUS-06222 $175Inquire
Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)String Quartets, B331-42, "Three Quartettos For Two Violins, A Tenor And Violoncello, Composed & Dedicated To The King Of Prussia...Op. 9, Book 1[-4]". W. Forster: London, . PN 69-72. Folio. 47 + 38 + 34 + 34 pp. Disbound. Very light browning in first two books of each part, otherwise very good... read more ›MUS-06223 $600Details/Inquire
Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)String Quartets, B331-42, "Douze Nouveaux Quatuors Dédiés A Sa Majesté Le Roi De Prusse, 1[-4] Livraison". Imbault: Paris, [1787-94]. PN 67, 70, 71, 72. Folio. 13/13/13/13 10/13/12/12 10/11/12/12 10/11/12/10 pp. 4th page of second violin part is in contemporary manuscript. Disbound. Title pages faded and crudely restored, the edges of some pages reinforced, musical text of back pages of second violin and viola worn but legible, otherwise good.MUS-06224 $300Inquire
A complete set of parts for the twelve Prussian Quartets. Second violin pp. 7-8 supplied in contemporary manuscript. Title page on first violin only. Benton 3247, 3253, 3259, 3265.
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)String Quartets, B337, "No.  Of Three Quartetts Dedicated To His Majesty The King Of Prussia". Clementi: London, [c. 1806]. PN "Pleyels Quartetto's Book 3d". Folio. Paginated 26-37 + 24-34 + 24-33 + 22-31. Disbound. Fine.
Complete set of four parts. Benton 3220.MUS-06228 $200Inquire
Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)String Quartets, B346-51, "A Seventh Sett Of Six Quartettos, For Two Violins, Tenor & Violoncello, Composed & Dedicated To His Royal Higness The Prince Of Wales...Op. 20". W. Forster: London, . PN 128. Folio. 25 25 21 17 pp. Disbound. Fine.MUS-06233 $375Inquire
Complete set of four parts, each with handsomely engraved title page. Benton 3400.
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)String Quartets, B346-51, "Six Quatuors Concertans Pour Deux Violons, Alto Et Basse, Composés Et Dédiés à S. A R. Le Prince De Galles, 7e. Liv. De Quatuors". Imbault: Paris, [1806-11]. PN 96. Folio. 24 + 24 + 24 + 19 pp. Disbound. Fine.
Complete set of six quartets, with title pages on each of the four parts. Benton 3409.MUS-06235 $300Inquire
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)String Quartets, B346-51, "Six Quartets For Two Violins, Tenor & Violoncello, Dedicated To His Royal Highness The Prince Of Wales...7th Sett". J. Dale: London, [1791-1802]. n.p.nFolio. 22 + 21 + 19 + 15 pp. Disbound. First violin title page soiled with some wear and ink markings, a few pencil perfmance markings with many bifolios detached, otherwise very good.
Complete set of four parts. This edition noted in neither Benton nor BUC.MUS-06236 $275Inquire
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)String Quartets, B353-58, "Six Quatuors Concertans Pour Deux Violons, Alto Et Basse, Dédiés à S. M. Le Roi De Naples, Oeuvre 8, I [& 2] Partie". Janet et Cotelle: Paris, [1812-22]. PN 235/244. Folio. 13/14 + 13/12 + 12/12 + 12/12 pp. Disbound. Fine.
Complete set of six quartets with title page on each of the four parts. Benton 3527 & 3528MUS-06238 $275Inquire
Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)String Quartets, B353-58, "An Eighth Sett Of Six Quartettos, For Two Violins, Tenor & Violoncello Composed & Dedicated To The King Of Naples...Op. 23". W. Forster: London, . PN 129. Folio. 25 + 25 + 19 + 19 pp. Disbound. Slight browning on some pages, otherwise very good.MUS-06239 $350Inquire
Complete set of six quartets with elegantly engraved title page on each of the four parts. Benton 3509.
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)String Quartets, B365-67, "Trois Nouveaux Quatuors Concertans Pour Deux Violons, Alto Et Violoncelle, Dediés à Son Ami Louis Bocherini [sic]...Op. 67". André: Offenbach am Main, . PN 1904. Folio. 19 + 15 + 13 + 13 pp. Disbound. Some waterstaining on right edge of all parts, title page of violin with minor repair, top edge very slightly trimmed but not affecting musical text, otherwise good.
Complete set of four parts, each with title page. An early Pleyel lithograph. Benton 3597.MUS-06243 $250Inquire
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)Piano Trios, B431-33, "A Single Sonata [Sonatas I, II & III] For The Piano Forte With An Accompaniment [for Flute] Composed & Dedicated (by Permission) To Her Majesty, The Queen Of Great Britain". Goulding, Phipps & D'Almaine: London, . PN "Pleyels Son.s Op". Folio. 67 pp. Disbound. Fine.
Piano score alone, with full flute line. Benton 4345.MUS-06245 $225Inquire
Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)Piano Trios, B452-54, "Twelve Grand Sonatas For The Piano Forte Or Harpsichord, With Accompaniments For A Violin And Violoncello In Which Is Introduced A Variety Of Scotch Airs And Favorite Pieces...Op. 14 [Nos. 4-6]". J. Dale: London, . n.p.nFolio. Paginated 33-57. Disbound. Fine.MUS-06247 $150Inquire
Piano part only. Benton 4604. Title page with handsome engraved border of thistles. Includes J. Dale catalogs on title page and final leaf.
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)Piano Trios, B463, "Three Celebrated Sonatas For The Piano Forte, In Which Are Introduced [five] Favorite Airs...No. 2. G.E. Blake: Philadelphia, [1818-22]. PN "Three Celebrated Sonatas, Pleyel". Folio. Paginated 16-29. Disbound. Waterstained, with detached cover, with pencil performance markings, otherwise good.
Piano part with selected flute/violin cues. Benton 4628.3. According to Benton, this is a second state of the sonatas, issued with a collective title page and pages 16-29 only.MUS-06248 $100Inquire
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)Piano Trio, B465, "Three Grand Sonatas For The Piano Forte, With Accompaniments For Violin & Bass, Being The [1st] Book Of A Sett Of Twelve New Sonatas...[Op. 31, 1st Set]". Corri, Dussek & Co: London, . n.p.nFolio. 47 pp. 19th-century paper wrappers, spine reinforced. Fine... read more ›MUS-06249 $175Details/Inquire
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)Piano Trio, B465, "Three Grand Sonatas For The Piano Forte, With Accompaniments For Violin & Bass, Being The [Second] Book Of A Sett Of Twelve New Sonatas...Op. 31 [2nd Set.]". Corri, Dussek & Co: London, . n.p.nFolio. 45 pp. Spine reinforced with paper tape. Title page detached from binding with one tear and one corner bent, otherwise very good... read more ›MUS-06250 $150Details/Inquire
- Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)Piano Trios, B471-73, "Suite De Douze Grandes Sonates De Forte Piano Avec Accompagnement De Violon Et Violoncelle Par J. Pleyel Dédiée à Madame Martiliere. Opera 33. 3e. Livraison". Pleyel: Paris, [1798/1803-6]. PN 130. Folio. 45 + 11 + 11 pp. Attractive handmade decorated paper boards. Piano title page foxed, otherwise very good.
Complete set of parts. Benton 4672. Dealer's label on piano title page for "Thipographie de la Syrene," original publisher visible on the string parts. Only two complete copies of this edition are listed in Benton.MUS-09967 $350Inquire
Pleyel, Ignaz (1757-1831)Manuscript Of Three Quartets. Trois Quatuors pour deux Violons, Alto & Violoncelle, Op. 16 Nos. 1, 2 and 3. Narrow large quarto. 16 pp.+2 pp. blank+12 pp.+1 p. blank+13 pp. Missing first violin part. In paper wraps with ovalized lithograph on title page and the name of the owner: G. F. Biller. Overall very nice and crisp; printed covers ratty along edges... read more ›MAN-12631 $300Details/Inquire
Pollini, FrançoisGrande Sonate Caprice Et Variations Pour Harpe Et Piano Ou Deux Forte-Pianos. Artaria: Vienna, . PN 1943. Oblong folio. 27 pp + 27 pp. Primo and Secondo parts. Paper wraps. Spine nearly disbound, pages torn at edges, spotting and fading throughout.MUS-07104 $375More Images/Inquire
Pollini was a pupil of Mozart and appeared throughout Italy as a pianist and a violinist, also singing opera. In 1809, he became a piano teacher at the new Milan Conservatory.
- Porro, Pierre-Jean (1750-1831)Six Sonatas Pour La Guitare Avec Accompagnement De Violon, Op 11, Dixieme Ouverture. Facsimile Of The C. 1780 Printed Edition. Renee Colwell. Editions Chanterelle: Monaco, 1981. Oblong quarto. 32 pp. of facsimile + English introduction by Robert Spencer. Wrappers. Fine.
Included in the volume is a three-page factimile of the printed score of the overture to Gluck'sd'Iphigénie en Aulide, arranged for guitar and violin by Porro.FAC-01844 $30Inquire
Poulenc, Francis (1899-1963)Les Mamelles De Tirésias. Piano Vocal Score. Heugel: Paris. PN Plate H31162. First Edition. Large quarto. 139 pp. New cloth boards with facsimile of original cover on front and original covers bound in. Very slightly sprung but excellent otherwise... read more ›MUS-10854 $250Details/Inquire
Poulenc, Francis (1899-1963)Figure Humaine; Poèmes De Paul Eluard. Cantates Pour Double Choeur Mixte à Cappella. Salabert: Paris, 1959. Nouvelle édition revue et corrigè par l'auteur. 82 pp. Full Score. MUS-12620 $35Inquire
Praetorius, MichaelSyntagmatis Musici Michaelis Praetorii C. Tomus Secundus De Organographia [Michael Praetorius: De Organographia Zweiter Teil Des Syntagma Musicum] Wolfenbüttel, 1619. Im Bärenreiter-Verlag Zu Kassel: 1929. Quarto. 236 pp. + 42 pp. plates (including several foldout). Cream calf with 5 raised bands on spine in original slipcase. Excellent condition in original slipcase.FAC-13789 $135More Images/Inquire
Facsimile from the original dating 1619.
- Prelleur, PeterAn Introduction To Singing, Peter Prelleur, The Modern Musick-Master. Bärenreiter: London. Quarto. 48 facsimile pp. Fine.FAC-01171 $30Inquire
- Prelleur, PeterNewest Method For Learners On The German Flute. Bärenreiter: London, 1965. Quarto. 48 facsimile pp. Wrappers. Fine.FAC-07572 $30Inquire
- Raffelin, Antonio (1796-1882)Air With Variations. For A Violin Principal. And An Accompaniment For A Second Violin. & Bass. Composed By A. Raffelin. Bacon & Co: Philadelphia, [after 1816]. n.p.nFolio. 5 + 1 + 1 pp. Some fly specks on margins of principal violin title page along with a few small stains, substantial offprinting in both parts, foxing in margins, otherwise good... read more ›MUS-09869 $175Details/Inquire
- Rameau, Jean-PhilippeTraité De L'Harmonie Réduite à Les Principes Naturels; Divisé En Quatre Livres. Broude Bros: New York, 1965. Facsimile of the 1722 printed edition. Quarto. 432 facsimile pp. + 17-page supplement. Cloth boards. Fine.
Rameau's first and greatest theoretical work, with numerous music examples throughout, comprising four books in one volume with the last being a treatise on keyboard accompaniment.FAC-07563 $175Inquire
- Reichardt, Johann Friedrich (1752-1814)Goethes Lieder, Oden Balladen Und Romanzen. Facsimile Of The Printed Score. Breitkopf & Härtel: Leipzig, 1969. Oblong quarto. 29 facsimile pp. Cloth. Fine.FAC-08226 $100Inquire
Reichardt, Johann Friedrich (1752-1814)Instrumentalmusik Zu Den Liedern Geselliger Freude Herausgegeben Von Johann Friederich Reichardt. With Parts. Leipzig, [1796-97]. Oblong octavo. 48+46+42+16+16pp. Each part with 6pp. intro. and 6pp. Index. Unbound (some pages uncut), in paper wraps with original silk ties. Occasional light foxing and soiling on part covers but otherwise crisp and fine... read more ›MUS-10567 $1,200Details/Inquire
Ries, Ferdinand (1784-1838)Trois Grandes Marches à Quatre Mains Pour Le Pianoforte Composàes Et Dediàes A Monsieur Le Baron De. Kruft Par F. Ries. Oeuv. 12. Kühnel: Leipzig, . PN 698. First Edition. Oblong quarto. 15 pp. Disbound. Soiling and light stain on title page, soiling at lower right corner from use, otherwise very good.MUS-10215 $125Inquire
Rimsky-Korsakov, Nikolai (1844-1908)La Nuit De Mai, Opéra En 3 Acts (D'Après Un Conte De Gogol). Piano Vocal Score. Belaieff: Leipzig, 1895. Large quarto. 260 pp. with original full-color Russian title page. Paper wraps with black linen spine. Interior overall very good with a few pages stained at edges. Covers a bit ratty with reinforcements on all edges and spine torn at top and bottom.MUS-10850 $175Inquire
This copy formerly owned by Adolph Bolm with his stamp on the interior pages. Bolm was a choreographer and dancer with Mariinsky Ballet. He was also the choreographer for the 1914 performance of La Nuit de Mai with the Ballets Russes.