- Clementi, Muzio (1752-1832)A Sonata For The Piano Forte With The Celebrated Air Of Lindor With Variations And An Accompaniment For The Violin...From Op: XII [No. 1]. Broderip & Wilkinson: London, [1798-1808]. Folio. 13 pp. Disbound. One page with a tear and fragment torn from margin but not affecting musical text, some pencil fingerings and ink markings, otherwise good.
Piano part only.MUS-06724 $150Inquire
Clementi, Muzio (1752-1832)Trois Sonates Pour Le Piano Forte, Dédiées à Ms Fanny Blake, Oeuvre 46. André: Offenbach am Main, 1803. PN 1748. Oblong Quarto. 49 pp. Early blue marbled boards with oval label. Spine bumped at both ends and slightly torn at top; corners bent and rubbed; interior pages yellowed but otherwise in very good condition.MUS-11322 $250More Images/Inquire
N.B.: Tyson p. 91 has Op 46 listed for a completely different work altogether
- Collizzi, Johann Andreas (?1740-after 1790)Three Duettos For Two Performers On One Piano-Forte, With An Accompaniment For A Violin Composed & Respectfully Inscribed To The Honble. Miss Eleanor & Miss Catherine Eden By Jhn A.K. Collizzi. Op. XI. Preston & Son: London, [after 1792]. Folio. 27 pp. Disbound... read more ›MUS-06739 $125Details/Inquire
Peticolas, C. L.The Southern Cross. Song For Voice And Piano. Geo. Dunn & J. A. Selby: Richmond, VA & Columbia, SC, 1863. First Edition. Quarto. 2 pp. Cover in purple ink. Foxing throughout, pages separate, otherwise fine... read more ›MUS-08426 $375Details/Inquire
- Corelli, Arcangelo (1653-1713)Violin Sonatas, Op. 5, "Dodici Sonate Per Violino E Basso, O Cembalo Del Signor Arcangelo Corelli Opera V". Antonio Zatta e Figli: Venice, [c. 1790]. PN "Corelli Op. V". Oblong folio. 44 pp. Modern red cloth binding stamped "Georgio Ciompi" (violinist). Heavily trimmed margins, light wear on title page, signed by a former owner on last page, otherwise very good.
Complete score of figured bass and violin.MUS-09977 $475Inquire
Cramer, Henry (1818-1877)Abduction From The Seraglio, K384, Arranged, "Potpourri Sur Les Motifs Favoris De L'Opéra Die Entführung Aus Dem Serail Pour Piano Part Henri Cramer". Schott: Mainz, [1843-44]. PN 7343. Folio. 11 pp. Disbound. Lower corner soiled from use, otherwise very good.MUS-06751 $65Inquire
Cramer, Henry (1818-1877)Magic Flute, K620, Arranged, "Potpourris Sur Des Motifs D'Opéras Favoris Pour Le Piano Par Henri Cramer... No. 50 Die Zauberflöte De W.A. Mozart". Schott: Mainz, [1844-45]. PN 7797. Folio. 11 pp. Disbound, but includes front cover of original wrapper. Edges a little tattered, soiled on lower corner from use, otherwise very good.MUS-06756 $65Inquire
- Cramer, J.B. (1771-1858)Three Sonatas For The Piano Forte, With Accompaniments For A Violin Or Flute & Violoncello Ad Libitum, Composed & Dedicated To Miss Caroline D'anvers By J.B. Cramer, Op. IX. Longman & Broderip: London, . First Edition. Folio. 29 pp. Disbound.
Piano part only. Milligan 2.025-2.027. Includes Longman & Broderip catalog.MUS-06760 $250Inquire
- Czerny, Carl (1791-1857), and M. DURST, arrProductions De Salon, Cahier 9: Fantaisie Pour Piano Et Violon Concertans Sur Des Motifs De L'Opéra Die Zigeunerin De M.W. Balfe Par Charles Czerny, Oeuvre 625, No. 9 And M. Durst, Oeuvre 17. Pietro Mechetti q.m Carlo: Vienna, . Folio. 11 + 4 pp. Some pencil fingerings, otherwise very good.
Piano score and separate violin part.MUS-06364 $75Inquire
Debussy, Claude (1862-1918)Prélude à L'Après-Midi D'un Faun. Robert Owen Lehman Foundation: Washington, D.C, 1963. Folio. 6 facsimile pp. Light blue-green linen boards. Interior is excellent; cover edges sunned, corners of spine bumped with tiny piece missing from top one.FAC-01028 $300Inquire
- Debussy, Claude (1862-1918)Esquisses De Pelléas Et Mélisande (1893-1895). Minkoff: Geneva, 1977. Quarto. 121 pp. including a 10 pp. commentary by François Lesure. As new, unopened.FAC-10095 $150Inquire
- Diletsky, Nikola (1677)Musical Grammar . Kiev, 1970. Folio. 94 pp. of facsimile + 109 pp. of modern transcriptions and commentary. Nubbed cloth boards with gold stamping. Slight fading to spine, otherwise fine.
A facsimile of a 1723 Ukrainian manuscript treatise by Nikola Diletsky on the theory of music [Musikiskaya grammatika], which first appeared as Toga zlota in 1675. The commentary is mostly in Russian with precis in German and English.FAC-07564 $400Inquire
- Donizetti, Gaetano (1797-1848)Lucia Di Lammermoor. Bestetti: Milan, 1941. Limited edition of 300 (not numbered). Large oblong folio. Red decorative linen boards and gold lettering, leather spine with gold decorations and raised bands. Especially towards front; spine has been reattached and cover refurbished professionally. Overall a handsome copy.
Extremely rare.FAC-10123 $3,200Inquire
- Dryden, JohnAlexander's Feast Or The Power Of Musique [the 1697 Poem]. Oxford University Press: Oxford, 1925. No. 1 of an edition of 500. Folio. 12 pp. of facsimile. Marbled paper wraps. Partially disbound, spine defective.
A facsimile of Dryden's poem dating from 1697, adopted later by Handel for his oratorio Alexander's Feast.FAC-07533 $200Inquire
Duke [Vladimir Dukelsky], VernonDédicaces. Facsimile of the manuscript. 64 pp. Scored for piano and voice (lyrics in French). Black buckram. Mostly unsewn, some pages very lightly soiled but overall quite fine. Inscribed by Duke to the famous choreographer George Balanchine in blue crayon. Marked throughout with section numbers and dynamics and… read more ›FAC-12899 $750Details/Inquire
- Dussek, Johann Ladislaus (1760-1812)Three Sonatas For The Piano-Forte With An Accompaniment For A Violin Composed & Dedicated To Mrs. Cosway...Op. XII. Bland & Weller: London, [after 1790]. PN Plate: "Dusseks Op: 12". Folio. 37 + 9 pp. Disbound. Minimal foxing on title page margins, some pages with minor marks and discoloration, otherwise good.
Piano part and separate violin part.MUS-06816 $275Inquire
- Dvorak, Antonín (1841-1904)Rusalka, Op. 114. Full Score. Artia: Prague, 1960. Quarto. 630 pp. Beige linen boards with yellow d/j. Edges of d/j and cover bumped, otherwise excellent condition. The critical edition based on the composer's manuscript. This copy formerly owned by American conductor Roland Gagnon, with his signature… read more ›MUS-10876 $200Details/Inquire
- Eberl, Anton (1765-1808)Piano Variations, Eberl Op. 6 (1794), Variations On A Theme By Ignaz Umlauf, (Mozart K. Anhang 287), "Air With Variations For The Piano Forte. Composed By W.A. Mozart. No. ". Broderip & Wilkinson: London, [1798-1808]. Folio. 7 pp. Disbound. Incomplete pencilled drawing on blank leaf between title page and music, otherwise very good - a clean crisp impression... read more ›MUS-10574 $65Details/Inquire
- Eberl, Anton (1765-1808)Piano Variations, Eberl Op. 5 (Mozart K. Anhang 288) And Op. 6 (Mozart K. Anhang 287). Broderip & Wilkinson: London. Fine. Includes: Piano Variations, Eberl Op. 5, (Mozart K. Anhang 288), Mozart's Variations to favorite Airs for the Piano Forte, No. 15. Preston:… read more ›MUS-10575 $100Details/Inquire
Enesco, GeorgesVox Maris, Poem Simfonic, Op. 31. Full Score. Editura Muzicala A Uniunii Compozitorilor Din Republica Socialista Romania: Bucharest, 1967. Large Folio (16.5" h x 12" w). 103 pp. Paper wraps. Thumbed at lower corner, spine chipped top and bottom, cover a little soiled, otherwise very good.MUS-10776 $200Inquire
- Ernst, Heinrich (1814-1865)Le Carnaval De Venise: Variations Burlesques Sur La Canzonette "cara Mamma Mia" Pour Le Violon Principal Avec Accompagnement De Quatuor Et De Contre-Basse Ou De Piano...dédiées à Sa Majesté Le Roi De Danemark Par H.W. Ernst. Oeuvre 18. Fr. Kistner: Leipzig, . PN Plates 1405/1406. Folio. 3 + 15 pp. Disbound. Edges rough, otherwise very good.
Piano score and separate violin part. Piano and violin version only (no string quartet or contrabass parts). With a forward from the composer.MUS-06372 $100Inquire
- Ernst, Heinrich (1814-1865)Morceau De Salon: Élégie, Chant Pour Le Violon, Avec Accompagnement De Piano, Op. 10. Schott: Mainz, [c. 1840]. PN 5825. Folio. 7 + 3 pp. Disbound. Foxing throughout, otherwise good.
Piano score and separate violin part.MUS-06373 $75Inquire
- Ernst, Heinrich (1814-1865), and Stephen HELLER (1813-1888)Pensées Fugitives Pour Piano Et Violon Composées Et Dédiées à Leur Ami Le Doecteur Roth Par Stéphen Heller & H.W. Ernst. [Heft 1]. Fr. Kistner: Leipzig, [c. 1842]. PN Plate 1368. Folio. 17 + 4 pp. Fine.
Piano score and separate violin part. Each piece with a quotation, the first from Lamartine, the second from Victor Hugo, and the last from Mme de Staël (Corinne).MUS-06374 $80Inquire
- Euterpeiad, TheEuterpeiad, Or Musical Intelligencer [1820-1823]. John Roe Parker, ed. DaCapo: New York, 1977. Large quarto. Three volumes: 208, 208, 282 pp. Buckram boards. As new.
A facsimile covering the entire run of this great peiodical, which is one of the important pioneers in American musical journalism.FAC-07565 $150Inquire
Fesca, Friederick Ernst (1789-1826)[Five String Quartets, Op. 1, Nos. 1-3, Op. 37 & Op. 38]. Folio. Disbound. Fine condition. CONTENTS: - Trois Quatuors pour deux Violons, Alto, et Violoncelle composés et dédiés à C. A. Fesca par son frère F. E. Fesca. Oeuvre I [nos… read more ›MUS-09774 $500Details/Inquire
Fétis, François-JosephTraité Du Contre-point & De La Fugue, Vol. 1. Charles-Michel Ozu: Paris, 1824. PN 300.F. First Edition. Small folio. 176 pp. In period boards with leather spine. Cover stamped "La Musique de la Garde Nationale à M. Baumann, fête de Ste. Cécile, 1840". Covers sprung and in poor condition with badly rubbed spine and corners. Interior with soiled edges but otherwise very good. First two blanks have penciled notes.MUS-12624 $200Inquire
Veroli (?) & Rome, 1854-'56. Oblong quarto. Ink on heavy stock. Drouet: titlepage + 3 blanks + 15 pp. Esercizi: titlepage + 52 pp. Boards with decorative paper wraps and vellum spine. Small stain on front cover which is also slightly warped; otherwise in fine condition... read more ›MTH-14303 $850Details/Inquire
Foster, Stephen (1826-1864)A Treasury Of Stephen Foster. Foreword By Deems Taylor, Historical Notes By John Tasker Howard, Arrangements By Ray Lev & Dorothy Berliner Commins, Illustrated By William Sharp. Random House: New York, 1946. Large quarto. 222 pp. 3/4 red morocco with decorative paper boards, in original matching slipcase. Excellent condition.MUS-10426 $350More Images/Inquire
Fifty of Foster's most renowned songs, each illustrated in color with a text commentary. This copy is one of only a few which were custom bound by the publishers and was owned by a Random House executive.
Les Cadets De Bourgogne Et Leurs Chansons. Edited by Cadilhac, Paul-Émile and Rodier, Camille. Édition de l'Amitié G.T. Rageot: Paris, 1947. No. 2186 of an edition of 2500. Small quarto. 109 pp. Woodcuts in green, black and white by Maurice Albe. Slightly sprung with some pages unsewn. Very good with slight discoloration only to inside of front and back covers. Some pages uncut.MUS-12658 $125Inquire
Ganassi, Sylvestro (1492-?)Opera Intitulata Fontegara [for Recorder]. Lienau: Berlin, 1959. Oblong Quarto. 108 pp. 5 pp. of facsimile. Wrappers. Front cover detached. Fontegara, originally printed in Venice in 1535, was one of the earliest recorder methods as well as a detailed tutor on the art… read more ›MUS-01166 $50Details/Inquire
- Gelinek, Joseph (1758-1825)Magic Flute, K620, Arranged, "A Favorite Air With Variations For The Piano Forte, No. 9: Mozart's Favorite March From The Zauberflote". Balls & Co: London, [1852-55]. Folio. Disbound.
Label for Hime & Son pasted over printer's name on cover.MUS-06876 $65Inquire
- Geminiani, Francesco (1687-1762)A Treatise Of Good Taste In The Art Of Musick . DaCapo: New York, 1969. Tall folio. 30 facsimile pp. Half leather. Fine condition.FAC-01880 $100Inquire
Geminiani, Francesco (1687-1762)A Treatise Of Good Taste In The Art Of Musick . DaCapo: New York, 1969. Tall folio. 30 facsimile pp. plus 2-page introduction by Robert Donington. Half leather. Cover a little rubbed, otherwise fine condition.FAC-10754 $110More Images/Inquire
- Gildon, J.Six Duettos, For Juvenile Performers On The Piano Forte. Arranged By J. Gildon. J.&G. Balls: London, [1811-25]. Folio. 13 pp. Disbound. Spine ragged from disbinding, title page detached and held with mending tape, major repair to bottom corner of p. 11 (some music lost), otherwise very good... read more ›MUS-10201 $75Details/Inquire
Giordano, Umberto (1867-1948)Madame Sans-Gêne: Commedia. Inscribed on half-title: "Alla gentile Signora | Nisida Suarez | omaggio devoto di | Umberto Giorano | Milano Marzo | 1919". Edouardo Sonzogno: Milan, 1915. PN 1884. First Edition. Folio. 251 pp. Original white cloth boards with raised design featuring bees, title stamped in gold and green. Elegantly boxed in 3/4 red leather with marbled boards, raised bands and gold tooling. Somewhat sprung, corners bumped, spine rubbed, covers slightly soiled; otherwise very good... read more ›SSC-06035 $1,350Details/Inquire
- Giornovichi, Giovanni Mane (?1735-1804)Two Violin Concertos [#10 In F And #14 In A], Composed And Arranged By Particular Desire For The Piano Forte Or Harpsichord With A Violin Acompaniment. Preston: London, [c. 1810-22]. n.p.nFolio. 44 pp. Disbound. Piano score only. Ink emendations throughout the score arrange the piece for piano alone.Grove VI describes Giornovichi as "the most… read more ›MUS-06429 $150Details/Inquire
Gluck, Christoph WillibaldAlceste, Tragedie, Opera En Trois Actes Par Gluck, Representée Pour La 1ere Fois Par L'Académie N[ation]ale De Musique Le 30 Avril 1776. Chez des Lauriers: Paris, [after 1783]. Fourth Edition, 3rd issue (using First Edition plates). Folio. 293 pp. Typical bright green 18th-century French paper boards, front hinge half seperated, and covers a little warped and mildly soiled, corners bumped. Occasional foxing, good impression with some darkened plates, otherwise very good.MUS-06881 $350Inquire
Goldmark, Karl (1830-1915)Rustic Wedding Symphony, Op. 26, "Ländliche Hochzeit. Symphonie In 5 Sätzen...für Grosses Orchester Von C. Goldmark Op. 26 Clavierauszug Zu Vier Händen". Schott: Mainz, [1876-77]. PN 22137. Folio. 77 pp. Black boards, spine in need of repair, otherwise very good.MUS-10207 $125Inquire
Goldmark, Karl (1830-1915)A Winter's Tale, "Ein Wintermärchen, Oper In 3 Acten, Frei Nach Shakespeare Von A. M. Willner" Piano Vocal Score. Inscription on title page signed "Carl Goldmark, 1908". W. Karczag: Vienna, 1907. First Edition. Large quarto. 207 pp. Paper wraps with maroon leatherette spine. Title page browned on edges with very slight tear (repaired) on right edge. The interior is excellent. Covers soiled and faded, chipped at corners. Back cover hinged with tape... read more ›SSC-10849 $800Details/Inquire
Gorecki, HenrykScontri Per Orchestra. Full Score. Polskie Wydawnictwo Muzyczne: Warsaw, 1962. Large folio (19.25" h x 13.5" w). 60 pp. Paper wraps with handsome original art cover. Overall very good, a little crumpled around edges and spine slightly chipped.MUS-10772 $400Inquire
Gottschalk, Louis F. (1864-1934)Idlewilde, Intermezzo Pastoral. W. Witmark & Sons: New York, 1903. PN 5642-4. Folio. 5 pp. Disbound. Lower right corner chipped, tear along inner margin but not impinging on musical text, otherwise very good. Cover of polished paper features beautiful art nouveau stand of trees on hillside with bronze sky. Louis F. Gottschalk was a film… read more ›MUS-06891 $25Details/Inquire
Gottschalk, Louis Moreau (1829-1869)Le Chant Du Martyr (Doyle D-30), "Le Chant Du Martyr, Grand Caprice Religieux Par Seven Octaves...To My Friend Chas. Kunkel. Of Cincinnati". Oliver Ditson & Co: Boston, 1864. PN Plate 22460. First Edition. Folio. 9 pp. Disbound. Some foxing and bleedthrough throughout, otherwise very good.MUS-06897 $85Inquire
According to Doyle, this work actually may be by Paul Ernest.
Gottschalk, Louis Moreau (1829-1869)La Scintilla, Op. 20/21 (Doyle D-49), "La Scintilla: The Spark Mazurka Sentimentale...a Miss Rachael G. Henriques". Firth, Pond & Co: New York, 1854. PN Plate 2599. First Edition, later issue. Folio. 9 pp. Disbound. Title page sunned, first and last pages detached from disbinding, light water stain along bottom left margin of all pages, limited tear on bottom margin of p. 5, offprinting throughout, some foxing, otherwise fair.MUS-06904 $75Inquire
This issue post-dates the publisher's move to 547 Broadway in 1857.
Gottschalk, Louis Moreau (1829-1869)Marche Funèbre, Op. 61/1 (D.90/A), "Marche Funèbre Pour Le Piano". William Hall & Son: New York, 1870. PN Plate 6519. First Edition in this version. Folio. 9 pp. Original reddish-brown wrapper. Untrimmed edges, some offprinting, otherwise fine... read more ›MUS-06918 $115Details/Inquire
- Gottschalk, Louis Moreau (1829-1869)Marche De Nuit, Op. 17 (Doyle D-89), "Marche De Nuit Composé Pour Le Piano Par L.M. Gottschalk". William Hall & Son: New York, 1856. PN Plate 3528. First Edition. Folio. 13 pp. Disbound. Pencilled pagination from original binding, otherwise a clear, clean impression in fine condition... read more ›MUS-06919 $115Details/Inquire
Gottschalk, Louis Moreau (1829-1869)Pasquinade Caprice, Op. 59 (Doyle D-113), Pasquinade Caprice Pour Le Piano Par L.M. Gottschalk...à Mlle. Katherine Sandford. (New York.). Oliver Ditson & Co: Boston, 1870. PN Plate 6542. First Edition. Folio. 11 pp. Disbound. First and last pages detached, ink pagination from previous binding, very slight offprinting, otherwise fine.MUS-06931 $75Inquire
- Gottschalk, Louis Moreau (1829-1869)Valse Poétique, Op. 24 (Doyle D-142), "Valse Poétique, Sospiro, Pour Le Piano....à Madame Taylor (de Baltimore)". William Hall & Son: New York, 1857. PN Plate 4110. First Edition, later issue. Folio. 11 pp. Disbound. Borders of title page lightly browned, offprinting and slight foxing throughout, pencilled pagination from earlier binding, otherwise fine.MUS-06935 $85Inquire
- Gottschalk, Louis Moreau (1829-1869)The Water Sprite Polka, Op. 27 (Doyle D-159), "The Water Sprite: Polka De Salon...To Miss Mary J. Smith. Of Philadelphia.". J.E. Gould: Philadelphia, 1853. PN Plate: "The Water Sprite". First Edition. Folio. 11 pp. Disbound. offprinting throughout, otherwise a bright clean impression in fine condition.
Beautiful title page with swallows bathing in fountains.MUS-06936 $100Inquire